15 June 2008

Father's Day, family, and traveling

Happy Fathers Day!!! Today has been a beautiful day, sunny, barely a cloud to be seen, high in the mid-80s. As I stated on twitter a few hours ago, today I "celebrated" Father's Day by mowing the lawn and vacuuming the pool. Okay, to be fair, Erin did finish the yard, and Sherry wanted to learn how to use the new mower (a zero turn), but we decided we'd do that another day. I did get in the pool after I finished vacuuming. The water temp is 86°F, so it is quite pleasant. I'm home again after spending last week in PA and NJ. I got to spend a couple of days with my baby sister (okay, she just turned 40, so she probably shouldn't be called a baby anymore, but...), her husband and my nephews, and spent 3 very productive days in NJ at the annual Cyber Security conference and spending face-to-face time with some of the other members of the team. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire week. The older of my nephews is at a big invitation-only showcase for high school junior baseball players being held at the Metrodome in Minneapolis. It wraps up today, I believe. I also had the opportunity to have dinner on Tuesday evening with a few of my friends from my days with Monmouth Civic Chorus. It is hard to believe it is 16.5 years since I moved back to Ohio from NJ. I drove out because the company isn't paying for much of anything these days. I did manage to pay less than $4.00/gallon of gas, but I saw a number of stations on the way where the price was over $4. That said, our gas prices are still cheaper than most of Europe. Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment