26 August 2008

A bad day flying beats a good day doing just about anything else

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted anything here.  I got the chance to go flying on 17 Aug.  I originally hoped to fly down to Charleston, WV to visit a friend from college that I haven't seen in about 20 years, but at the last moment, she couldn't get away to meet me for dinner, so I flew locally.  One of my goals, when I get the opportunity, is to land at an airport I've never been to.  On 17 Aug, I got the chance to fly KVTA-4I3-4I9-KMNN-KVTA which added 2 new airports to my list (which now totals 37, I didn't land at 4I3, but I've been there before).  I was, however, reminded of why I prefer not to fly in the afternoon in August.  Even though it wasn't as hot that afternoon (28°C, atl 30.04, winds calm) as it has been this week, it was still pretty bumpy at 3000 AGL.  It was a pleasant way to spend 1.2 hours (on the Hobbs).  I've also been trying (though not succeeding as much as I should) to ride my bike (I'll have to put a picture of it up here soon).  My last ride wasn't too much fun, for some reason I felt lousy before I even started and my legs felt like crap for the whole ride, but I still averaged over 15 MPH, so...  I didn't get lots of sleep during the Olympics, often staying up to watch some of the live coverage until 01:00 or 02:00 (occasionally 03:00) EDT, I haven't watched much of the Democratic convention, but I'll probably post something political tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment