23 November 2008

A Universalist, huh?

I've mentioned here before that I regularly read Rev. Bob Cornwall's blog.  He posted something there last week (a week ago today to be exact) that I wanted to comment on, but I didn't get to it this week.  He's prolific enough that this one has already fallen off his front page.  I wish I had the time (and enough interesting things to say) to write that much.  Oh, well.  The entry was mostly an excerpt from a book by William Barclay.  Barclay was a much better biblical scholar than I will ever be, but he describes himself as a Universalist and goes on to explain why.  What is really interesting to me, is that, while he can back it up biblically better than I ever could, he describes almost exactly the place I reached during one of my undergraduate religion classes when we were discussing process theology.  I didn't even realize I was a Universalist.  Anyway, go read it.  I'm going to have to see if the local library has a copy of that book now.  As a result of this and a couple of other things I've been looking into lately, I've also added a couple of new books to my Amazon Religion Wish-List (to the left).

No comments:

Post a Comment