29 June 2009

The $100 hamburger

I desperately needed to fly, but my original plans to visit a friend (that I haven't seen in 24 years) fell through, so I decided to take my first "$100 hamburger" flight (which with inflation is probably more like $200, but who's counting?).  The weather was pretty nice this morning, high only expected to be about 80°F.  I flew from KVTA to KPMH and had lunch at the restaurant there on the airport.  The grilled ham and cheese was pretty good, the pie, not quite so much, but the people and the atmosphere were perfect for the venue.  Got some nice crosswind practice on landing too which I can't complain about.  The flight back was windier than I expected and on landing at KVTA, it was 28°C, alt 29.59, wind 270@16G22.  Fortunately, right down the runway, because that's a little more crosswind than I've done in a while (not that I was really worried about crosswind, but...).  A pleasant little 1.8 in the logbook (and another airport) and I'll still try to catch up with the old friend next month.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment