23 October 2009

I should have been flying

Yeah, most people wouldn't have called today's weather ideal, but I was sitting at my desk wishing I was flying.  It was raining and/or overcast all day.  At about 3:00PM this afternoon, the weather at KVTA was 19°C (so no worries about icing), winds from 010@09 (a fair crosswind), clouds broken at 600, broken at 1000, overcast at 2600 (it was actually pretty variable below that overcast).  Now that I'm IFR current again, today would have been a great day to get some time in actual IMC.  It has been a long time since I flew in actual instrument conditions down to minimums, but it was well above the ILS minimums at KCMH and if I missed once going into KVTA, I probably could have gotten in the next time around, so not being able to get down wasn't really a concern.  Sigh...  I do need to get some time in actual again.

No comments:

Post a Comment