27 June 2010

Oh, and one more thing

One thing I forgot to mention in that last post was the James Taylor/Carole King concert. I've been a huge fan of James Taylor since the mid-1970s, but I had never seen him in concert. The last time he was in central OH, I had to teach the night he was here. When I heard he was coming to town again, I really wanted to finally see him. I figured this may be about my last time, 'cuz face it, neither of us is getting any younger (although for 62, his voice was in unbelievable form, but I'm getting ahead of myself). A couple of weeks before the concert, I asked Sherry if she wanted to go and we got a couple of the less expensive tickets in the upper level of Value City Arena. My overall impressions were that it may have been one of the best 2 or 3 concerts I've ever been to. Carole admitted she was suffering from a cold and her voice was a little "off" at times, but then she never had the greatest voice and she is 68. I thought she sounded better in person than on the Troubadour Reunion CD that I heard over at Beau and Cyndy's the week before. There were a couple of songs I hadn't heard before, I really enjoyed both of the duets with just guitar, but the biggest applause of the evening were for the fantastic performance of Fire and Rain. Just a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment