06 March 2008

Some random thoughts

It has been a while since my last entry. I've just been busy. Erin's season ended with a heartbreaking 3 point loss to UC-Clermont in the ORCC semifinals. OU-L led most of the game (by as many as 10 in the second half), but some questionable officiating late and just not hitting some of their late shots cost them. It was a disappointing ending, but they had a pretty good season (18-14 or something like that)

Ohio got a lot of attention due to the tight Democratic race for President. I was actually kind of hoping that this past Tuesday would put an end to it until the conventions because, frankly, I'm tired of it. Alas, that was not to be, but at least I won't get all those automated calls in my answering machine (at least until Oct).

The Buckeyes men's basketball team got the win they needed to keep any hope of an NCAA bid alive when the upset #15 Purdue in overtime on Tuesday. Now they need to do the same to Michigan State and get a win in the Big Ten tournament or they'll be going to the NIT.

They're calling for the biggest storm since 1993 (I honestly don't remember a bad storm in 1993, but that's what they said on TV this evening) in the next 2 days. We've been getting hit with storms every Tuesday and Friday for the last 2 months, but they're talking about 5-12" out of this one. I don't mind, I love snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment