11 August 2009

To continue where I left off...

I still haven't made the flight to visit my friend, if all goes well, that should happen next week.  In the last week or so, however, I have gotten some good news, that I'd like to share.  I mentioned in the last post that there had been some bad news.  I was informed that my aunt had breast cancer.  About the same time, one of my wife's coworkers got bad news about possible cancer in her abdomen.  Finally, the father of a good friend discovered he required 5 heart bypasses.  Well, the good news is that after the lumpectomies, the tests suggest that my aunt's cancer was caught early enough and appears not to have spread.  Followup radiation should be brief and no chemo required.  My wife's coworker had surgery last week and they removed 17 lbs (yes, you read that right, 17 lbs) worth of tumor from her ovaries.  Now, she isn't a large girl by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm stunned at the size, but they don't believe the cancer has spread to any other organs (though they are still waiting for some test results).  Finally, my friend's father seems to have come through the quintuple bypass well, so it has been good news all the way around.  I am going to endeavor from here on to post something here at least once or twice a week.  I have a number of thoughts that I need to develop into a more complete form, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment