11 September 2009

Current again

Well, I am finally IFR current again.  I went up Wednesday with Harold and got an IPC (Instrument Proficiency Check) done.  I was a little rusty (as I knew I would be), but I was pretty pleased at my performance.  Yes, there is still more rust to be knocked off, but I am confident that I would be fine in IMC up (down) to my personal minimums.  We first flew over to KZZV, flew the full ILS 22 (including the hold), then on the miss came around and did the full VOR 22 (including procedure turn), then the GPS 27 back into KVTA (circle to land on runway 9).  Now one of these cloudy October days with ceilings 100-200 feet above MDA, I'll have to go out and get some more time in actual IMC.  I am also now 2.5 hours from hitting 200 hours total time, at this rate that may still happen this calendar year.

No comments:

Post a Comment