25 January 2008

Dealing with Grief

My wife's uncle died last week. She flew down to North Carolina to attend the funeral and visit with several of her cousins. When I was traveling to NC on business a lot a few years ago, I always arranged to have dinner with him and the other 2 siblings (only 1 of the 3 is now living) that were still alive. I enjoyed the visits, but I hadn't seen him in several years. I've always had a hard time with how to respond to death. There are no words, I know that, but I want to say something. This week I came across a blog post that reminded me, we already had some instruction in how to deal with it. It was there in the book of Job all along. What is required of us is silence. Just to be there and be silent. I think I can handle that.

Shalom,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment