30 January 2008

I'm alive again, and the blizzard (not) of '08

Well, at 23:00 last night the temperature was 54°F, at midnight it was 44°F, and at 07:00 this morning, it was 14°F. That drop reminds me so much of the blizzard of '78 (wow, was that really 30 years ago last week?). Alas, this time, we got the rain to start, but didn't get the snow. We did have wind gusts of about 60 mph this morning. Meanwhile, it could be worse, Matt is dealing with -26°F and a broken windshield this morning, Shane is still in Iraq, and, at least, I'm on solid food again (you don't really want to know what I've been through since Sunday morning, trust me on this one). On the other hand, if you're looking for a way to lose 8 pounds in 2 days, this one works, but I'd just as soon pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment