09 July 2008

All 50 states before 51st birthday

I thought I had already posted this months ago when I started the blog, but I guess I hadn't so I'll do it now.

Two years ago, I went down to FL (well, AL) for my flight review and while I was there, Clint told me I could have the plane on Saturday afternoon to fly wherever I wanted for little more than the price of fuel (much better then than now).  I took it and flew to Pascagula, MS.  That made the 44th state I had been in at the (then) age of 44.  That was when I made it a goal to visit all 50 states by age 50 (before my 51st birthday).  I've since added 2 more states (AR and ME), so I am currently at 46 states and age 46.  I lost a week of vacation this year, though, which (combined with spending 1.5 weeks in Nicaragua) means I'm not sure if I'll be able to add another state this calendar year.  The only ones I still lack are LA, MT, AK, and HI.

No comments:

Post a Comment